Tuesday 23 June 2009

I've Got This Mole, Ya Know ...

I was having a poke around YouTube (as I sometimes do) and I came across this classic piece of stand-up comedy from Jasper Carrott.

For those of you who have never heard of him, Jasper Carrott is from Birmingham (pretty close to where I was born) and is one of my favourite comedians. I first heard this routine as a child in the 70's and I have never forgotten it.

I was delighted to discover that it came with its own animated film.

I hope you understand the Birmingham accent (very similar to a Black Country accent but not quite).

Enjoy:

2 comments:

Susan said...

I used to have that on an audio tape.
Do you remember Funky Moped? Of course everyone knows that it only got into the charts because of the B side - Magic Roundabout. I can't think why that was never on Top Of The Pops!

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Susan,

Yes - I had it on vinyl! And of course I remember "Funky Moped" and the B side - legendary stuff.

My favourite Carrott routines from that era were "Nutter on the bus" and "Man Utd v Birmingham".

Classic. If I can find them, I'll post them in the future.

:-)

Cheers

PM