Saturday 10 May 2008

Nine Inch Nails - Giving The Slip

It’s not often you get something for nothing these days and I’m glad to say that Trent Reznor, the man behind one of my favourite bands, Nine Inch Nails, has done just that. In the past releases by the enigmatic frontman have been few and far between but in recent years we have been treated to a couple of superb albums and tours. And now with the new album The Slip we have yet more brilliance from the man at no cost whatsoever.

There was a mild feeling of apprehension because I thought that maybe the standard of the music would dip, given that the album was free; on the contrary, it is a hugely enjoyable album and typical of the high quality output I normally associate with the band.

Highlights for me are:

1,000,000
Letting You
Discipline
Echoplex
Corona Radiata
Demon Seed

That said, the remaining tracks are all good in their own way.

I have just ordered the album Ghosts I-IV, yet another release that I discovered on the back of The Slip. Trent certainly is becoming more prolific in his middle years. I look forward to more of the same and sincerely hope that he doesn’t forget Manchester next time he ventures out on the road.

No comments: